Thursday, November 11, 2010

Las Vegas


Las Vegas or Sin City or Vegas Baby... is some of the terms that you may have heard referring to Las Vegas, Nevada. The reason I bring Las Vegas up in this post is because in September I attend the annual Wyndham Worldwide Hotel Conference being held there. Now, just for every one's information, yes some people go there for business, fun, excitement, drink, gamble, the shows. I personally just went to attend a business function and then return home.  YEA RIGHT! I went for all those things I mentioned earlier. Going to Vegas though is one of those things where if you did it once, why do it again? I have been to Vegas now 3 times.

Yes, I did have a good time. I did gamble (actually won $19.00), I did have fun, meeting people at the conference and hanging out, but most of them were in their safety zones, and didn't have room for an outsider to hang. ( Did I mention, I went by myself.) I drank all the free alcohol that I could. The best part of drinking I have found is that alcohol always tastes better when someone else is buying. Excitement? I guess, if you call walking the Fremont Street, and seeing a man so drunk, that he took a header on the sidewalk because he had trip over his own feet. The poor guy hit his head, was out like Mike Tyson had given him an upper cut, and was down for the count. He just laid there, someone had called a Vegas Officer over to check out the situation. The officer called an ambulance. Then people gathered around, but staying back far enough so it won't seem like they were looking at what was going on. They didn't want to be too nosey. After all it's Vegas. What happens in Vegas.


If I had known just how much fun Fremont Street was going to be, I wouldn't even had bothered with the strip at all. Fremont Street is just too cool. The drinks are cheaper, to gamble was less expensive and it gives you the feeling of the way Vegas used to be. Fremont Street had outside concerts going on, vendors in the streets area, fake Elvis and Kid Rock, bartenders who doubled as dancers on the bar.



It's well worth the time when in Vegas, to check out Fremont Street. One of the really neat things I found at Fremont Street was a portion of it is covered, and certain times during the night all the lights go out, and an animated show begins on the dome. When I was there, the music of George Thorogood's "Bad To The Bone" blasted out to the aliens and the motorcycles that were in this animated feature. This stopped everyone in their tracks, and judging by every one's reaction, it was a hit.


By the end of the night it was well worth the trip to Fremont Street. I will tell you that one of the biggest adventure at Fremont was trying to find my car after I called it a night. Lost my car, couldn't find the parking area where it was, walked and walked looking for it. Finally, asked one of those officers who were helping out the guy on the sidewalk how to get get to my car. He response was "Where did you leave it?" I think if I had an answered to that I don't think I would have asked him in the first place.
Will I return to Vegas? Sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment