Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Here We Go.....



Well here I am. In the middle of the cyberspace, and haven't taken a wrong turn yet...



This is my first post, so be gentle with me. Wow, what was that? Here I am just typing away and a huge electrical storm just wipe out my new blog... my computer and all the electric.... figures.



Well I am going to tell you some things here about myself, my family and what inspires me to press the shutter on my cameras. My wife is from Columbia, I don't mean South Carolina either. I mean South America. So yes, Spanish is required. I have 4 really great kids. I would use the term children, but the youngest is 22, and the oldest is 29. So go figure. I refer to them as kids anyhow. I have 1 granddaughter who is just a real trip, and looks so much her mother that it could be frightening. That's her and I together at the beach, pictured above.

Oh, and let's not forget Socks The Dog... she's my best friend, and for some reason she happens to think I'm great, no matter how mad everyone is at me.... (maybe it's the part about feeding her, that brings this faithfulness.)


Now to the real reason I am here, to share insight and wisdom.... yea right.


I have no insight, I have no wisdom. Only what I like and what I don't like.


Photography is one of those things that I like. Until recently I didn't know just how much I enjoy it and that actually I am not too bad at it either. I am still learning, but everybody is still learning about everything, not just photography, but about life as well.


What makes me press that shutter, could be anything. A beautiful women, a child and mother, landscape that just will not let you turn away. An idea that if I just look at it from a different angle it could be just simple awesome. I have found out that having a camera strap to me, I forget about everything else. The people beside me, the cars whizzing by, blowing thiers horns to get me off the street. The only thing I see or can focus on is my subject. Then when the time and angle is right, SNAP goes the shutter. Now this is not to say that when I have snap that shutter, that an Ansel Adams picture emerges. It means I have taken a photograph that might be great, good or really bad. I would like to think all my photographs turn out great. But come on and get real. I don't believe that all photographers shots all do, and I am not going to kid myself into thinking this.


So there you have it, a beginning to a blog. A little about myself, my family and a glimpse into to my thoughts.


Just keep in mind,


"Some of the greatest photographs are not taken by chance, but by where you were standing when they are taken."













No comments:

Post a Comment